Skribe London draws on over 25 years of journalism to help you find the story of your brand, then share it with the world. Our pop-up events across the UK work to demystify the world of press pitching, teaching you how to think like a journalist. Skribe's bespoke packages focus on your individual business or project needs, tailoring specific, innovative pitches to help you unlock your press potential. Early Skribe clients include 10 Downing Street, Folksy and School for Creative Startups, who we still work with now. Whether helping established brands reach new audiences or supporting early-stage startups to maximise their press potential, we provide tangible, creative and forward-thinking direction from the inside. So what's our story?
An award-winning international journalist, Tracy is features editor at Marie Claire UK and has written for Grazia, Red, Shortlist, Stylist, Observer, Guardian and Sunday Times Style. A former features editor of Company and company.co.uk, and senior writer/ columnist of British Cosmopolitan, she believes there’s never been a better time or more opportunity to share your story.
Marie-Claire is an established freelance journalist and contributing editor at British Glamour. She regularly writes for Red, Brides, Daily Mail, Top Sante, Mother & Baby, You and Your Wedding, Gurgle and Wedding magazine. Also a former features editor of Company, what Marie-Claire doesn’t know about creating unique features, and pitching to commissioning editors, isn’t worth knowing.
Skribe starter package
1-hour, one-on-one workshop (face to face or virtual) tailored to your brand, includes:
- Press interview to identify your brand's story
- Guidance on bespoke pitches/ pitch-writing
- To press release, or not to press release?
- Who to pitch to, when and how (and how not!)
£250 (£200 for S4CS students)
Skribe premium package
Half day (3.5 hours), one-on-one workshop (face to face or virtual) tailored to your brand, includes:
- Press interview to identify your brand's story, uncover new angles and establish new hooks to pitch to press
- Guidance on specific pitches, plus a Skribe edit of your initial pitches
- To press release, or not to press release? Advanced workshop, including a follow-up edit of your press release
- Who to pitch to, when and how, with specific contact details
- One week aftercare - any questions, advice, information, ideas bouncing or stumbling blocks, Skribe will be available on email support for one week after the session.
£750 (£700 for S4CS students)
Tags (available to add on to either package)
[i.e. the bit where we do all the hard work for you!]
- Pitch-writing service: Skribe will write and research a fully-formulated pitch, based on your bespoke consultation, ready for you to send out to press contacts (including headline, sell and breakdown of the feature idea, plus any supporting images/ video content)
£150 per pitch
- Press release service: Skribe will come up with a bespoke press release or pitch concept to fit your brand and target market, compile it and write it for you to keep forever and send out to press as required (clue: sometimes a press release isn't the best approach!)
£300 per press release
- Pre-press briefing: You've nabbed yourself a press opportunity, hurrah! Skribe's pre-press briefing session will provide all the information and support you need to prepare you for your interview and maximise the opportunity for you and your brand.
£150 per one-hour briefing
As well as regular pop-ups, Skribe London offers an in-house service providing bespoke group workshops for larger brands and PR companies. From one off, project-specific press plans to intensive full-day courses for groups of 5-200 people, we tailor our packages to your brand's needs. Contact us for a quote.
"The great thing about Skribe London is that it solves a real problem. Companies don't need a PR firm until they have stories to tell, Skribe London help companies tell their story in a way that journalists want to hear, so that the stories sell themselves."
"We'd been on the look-out for journalists to talk at the Folksy Summer School 2013, so we were thrilled when we found Skribe London. Tracy and Marie-Claire were incredibly engaging and their advice was pitched exactly right for our audience. They tailored their tips to designer/ makers, showed them how to find their story, and how to take that to the press. They gave our designers and makers an insider's view of press and journalism, which will prove invaluable in their careers."
“Skribe understands the power of big ideas and the art of navigating the press from the inside out. Storytellers at heart, Skribe sees that every startup, entrepreneur and innovative brand has a powerful story to communicate. Great ideas, great offering and most importantly, great people.”